Look around your house and you will find plenty of home projects in your garden and garage. If you aren’t planning a trip with family or friends, you can spend your holidays and spare time in doing some DIY projects. Some of these home projects may be long due to home tasks waiting for your time and attention while others can be interesting projects to keep yourself busy and engaged.
A min power torch is one of the important gadgets for DIY projects. It is small, handy and yet useful in performing crucial tasks easily. This article is a mini yet comprehensive guide to share with you some of the best torches and heat concentrators available in the market. It will also provide you with some tips to consider before buying a mini torch.
What to consider when buying a mini torch:
There is a wide range of mini torches available in the market and online. They vary in shape and sizes, accommodating different users. Choosing the best mini torch for the hobbyist isn’t a tough call. You need to keep in mind your activity, your conditions and follow the below simple guidelines:
Heat torches now vary in technology and effectiveness. From gas heat torches too, electric, industrial and infra-red heat torches, all have great workability and temperature variations.
There are different nozzle options to perform different kind of tasks. You will have to choose the one that performs your activity in a possible way. In the market, you have options of choosing from a fishtail nozzle, a single nozzle, extra-long, come and spoon shape nozzle.
Mini torches and heat concentrators come in different temperature settings and adjustments. From glass to wood, culinary to metal, every work requires a different level of heat to make the work worthwhile.
Be sure to know what safety tips you need to follow with the torch you are about to use. If it says no domestic use, make sure you follow the rule and don’t experiment at home. Make sure you have read the instructions guide thoroughly to keep your house, family and yourself safe and protected.
Best mini torch and heat concentrators for DYI and Hobbyists
We have helped you half way by giving you a buying guideline, so let us give you more ease and share with you some of the best mini torches and head concentrators. These can be your alternate choices, depending on your needs and requirements.
Blazer micro torch products are by far one of the oldest, tried and tested ones you would find in the market. The one we recommend here self-igniting torch made up of rubber, with a diamond shaped body to provide a safe and strong grip. Blazer is a butane refillable torch with a nozzle head that allows direct heat emission of objects. There is a gas flow adjustment lever that allows users to change the heat and precision of the flame which can be seen as colors changing from yellow to blue.
Blazer requires no electric connection. It operates on piezoelectric energy which emits as soon you activate the trigger. The maximum flame temperature can be up to 2500 degree F with a nonstop burn time of 1.5-2 hours and flame range of 0.5-1.25 inches,
Blazer is famous to be used for plumbing, jewelry making, culinary, soldering, dental applications, and other automotive procedures.
- Safety via manual lock
- Includes an attachable tabletop stand
- Fuel efficiency with a longer burn time
- Portable, light in weight and suitable for small jobs
- Doesn’t allow domestic use
- Torch head is fixed at 90-degree angle and cannot be used in ‘any’ direction.
- Users have complained that when the turn-knob loosens, the fire doesn’t turn off, hence endangering the place and people
- Not a reasonable deal, the price is on the higher side.
This Inter Forte micro blow torch is a lightweight, heavy torch designed to create an amazing masterwork. It provides a powerful flame through its extra-long nozzle and a flame lock that allows continuous flame without your having to hold the ignition button. The torch provides full tank fuel for up to 60 minutes.
Inter Forte is a great gadget for domestic purposes as we all hobbyists for soldering, plumbing, arts and crafts, and jewelry activities. It features an adjustable potency handle and adjustable temperature control to adjust the flame sizes as per your need.
- A portable mini torch for outdoor and indoor purposes
- Safety lock ensure ignition, only when the lock is enabled
- 2-year warranty included
- No need for battery
- Reviews say butane leaks in some of the pieces
- Handle with care, not very durable to long last or used roughly
- Not so easy to control the flame
Dremel is a multi-function torch that can perform a wide range of projects. It can produce variable temperatures and control flame operations. It features an ignition button to easily start the torch and flame lock-on for continuous use. It can adjust the flame as per your need with its air control knob and the flame control slider can be used to control and set the flame temperature. Dremel has a large tank with a safe refill of butane gas and a 75 minute run time, now you can do your projects with no worry that the gas would finish in between.
Hobbyists use Dremel Versa for soldering, culinary brazing, and pipe fitting. It comes with an accessory kit that includes storage case, deflector, blower, flame diffuser, solder, soldering tip, wrenches, and tins.
- Suitable for excessive and rough use
- Features a consistent lighting mechanism
- The flame lock allows unlimited hand free work
- The small size makes it portable and easy to hold in your hand
- Ignition is not easy and the ignition wire breaks easily
- The starter button doesn’t work in the first press
- The auto-start button is not reliable
If you don’t want to invest a hefty amount on a mini torch but at the same time want one for your hobbies, Ypres will do the needful. It is is a reasonably priced butane torch with all the bare necessities. It has a flame temperature up to 1300 degrees with adjustable flame size and shape. Ypres is easy to use with one touch piezo ignition button. It allows 360 degrees of rotation and can be used in tilted, upside position as well. Although Ypres doesn’t come with butane fuel, the refill canister is 8 oz in capacity giving complete two hours of non-stop flame.
In the price offered, Ypres is a fair combo. It is portable, long-lasting and effective to be used for camping, domestic purposes, restaurants, and various hobbies.
- Features adjustable flame and temperature
- Wind, water and moisture proof
- Available in two colors, white, and silver
- Easy to replace the gas canister
- 2 years warranty included
- As compared to other mini torches, this isn’t an attractive piece
- Reviews say that gas control of this torch is difficult and for some has led to danger.
- Ergonomically designed handle for rough and daily use
- Has a faster flame that makes work quicker
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- Often leaks when refueling
- Has the tendency to sputter
Although we recommend using mini torches and heat concentrators at home and at the workplace, please keep in mind that they aren’t always safe. They look mini but possess power, heat, and energy that can be dangerous if not used with proper instructions. We encourage you that whatever option you choose, do read out the reviews and safety tips to be completely protected.