If you have turned your garage into a usable workstation, a reliable work light is essential. Having a good ceiling light is necessary, but it’s not enough. You need a reliable, focused work light to help you get the job done right, like for instance, if you’re changing a flat tire at night or working on a DIY craft you need ready by the morning.
Here are some of the best portable work lights for your garage:
Where to Buy
1. BigBright Light Portable Super Bright Water Resistant 6000 Lumens 54W LED Work Light
As the name suggests, this piece of light is a serious corded work light. The BigBright Light is a water-resistant, 6000 lumens, super bright LED light powerful enough to light up an entire room. It casts 360 degree illumination, making it an ideal work light to set up in workshops, garages, driveways and backyards. By the way, the 6000 lumens it emits is more than the average corded work light.
But even if it is a heavy-duty light, it’s still very portable and lightweight. It even has a heavy duty strap for easy carry. It has a robust design and a soft rubber feet to prevent scratching.
- 6000 lumens of power
- 360-degree illumination
- Long lasting and energy-efficient LED
- Has strap for easy carrying
- Soft rubber feet
- Expensive compared to other corded work light options
If you’re looking for a garage work light you can also use outdoors, this bright PowerSmith work light will do the trick. It’s a 100-watt LED work light emitting powerful 10,000 true lumen brightness. It’s placed in a stable, heavy-duty tripod that can be extended up to 65” in height. The light can be moved up to 30 degrees down and 90 degrees up.
The lights are long-lasting with a 50,000 hour rating with no maintenance required. The sealed aluminum frames are also durable and lasts long. It also comes with a 9 feet power cord with grounded plug.
- Long lasting, 100-watt LED light
- Provides 10,000 lumens of power with 5,000K color temperature
- Mounted on a tripod
- Comes with 9 feet power cord
- Not industrial-grade lighting; recommended for home use only
Dewalt is a trusted brand when it comes to work tools and hardware. This cordless/corded work light is a well-designed portable light that allows battery powered and corded operation. It has a 38-watt Fluorescent light that emits 2,700 lumens of lighting power. Even though it’s not LED, the light runs at a much cooler temperature.
Included with this light are two AC power outlets, eliminating the need for additional power strips. This worklight is also compatible with Dewalt’s 18-volt XRP extended run time batteries. The compact and heavy-duty design of this light provides quick and easy fold-up, storage and transport.
- Compact and easy fold-up design
- 2700 lumens of power
- Versatile operation; runs on batteries or AC power
- Comes with two AC power outlets
- Batteries not included, and these are on the pricey side
Coming from another reliable brand, this Bosch work light is a great option for those who need hands-free lighting for tough working conditions. The great thing about this work light is that it can be used in different ways due to its versatile mounting options. It can be mounted on a standard tripod using an included ¼” screw thread, hang it using an included nail hook, mount it using the two magnets or use the carabiner clip.
The light itself contains 10 high-intensity LED lights that can run up to 6 hours continuously on one 2.0Ah battery charge. There’s a dim function that can double the run time of the work light.
- Small but gives powerful light using 10 high-intensity LED lights
- Versatile mounting options; comes with a carabiner clip, 2 magnets, screw thread for tripod and nail hook
- 6 hours runtime with 2.0Ah battery (run time doubles in Dim Mode)
- Batteries not included
- Does not run on AC as an alternative source of power
A compact work light, this corded option from Bayco is a great choice for those in need of extra illumination while working on the garage. The main advantage of this work light is the magnetic hook design that allows hand-free use. You can simply hook the light from an appropriate edge and you’ve got a handy light. There’s also built-in magnets at the midpoint of the octagonal body of the light to allow alternative ways of fixing it in place.
This light has 60 LEDs in a floodlight pattern rated at 120 lumens. The case of this light is made of a moisture- and chemical-resistant material. It also comes with a 6-foot cord to make it accessible to use anywhere in your garage.
- Magnetic body and tip with included magnetic hook
- Bright LEDs with 35,000 hour life
- 6-foot cord length
- Durable design with moisture and chemical resistant case
- Not as powerful light as other options
Designed to illuminate dark areas and corners, this Stanley work light has a slim and portable design. It has 26 bright LEDs that provide great light. It runs either corded or cordless, and it comes with a rechargeable battery that goes up to 6 hours on a single charge. It has high, low and flashing modes.
Its magnetic base supports lighting on metal surfaces, and has a carabiner hook on top for easy hanging. This work light also has a convenient rubber over molded handle to offer a safe and secure grip. Plus, it has an intelligent pivoting and flexible functionality that allows the light to face all directions.
- Slim and portable
- Versatile; can run corded or cordless via battery
- AC charging adaptor included
- Has magnetic base and 360-degree carabiner hook
- Some users say battery life is poor
If you’re looking for a work light that adds some personality to your garage, get the Might-D-Light LED150C LED Rechargeable Sticklight. The camo design, the convenient light and the integrated bottle opener makes it all the more worth it, given the incredibly low price. First things first, this work light has powerful LED lights that provide up to 200 lumens with three modes of light: spot, flood or both. The tilt head makes it easy to position light correctly.
The great thing about this work light is that its battery can be charged via USB, so if you ever lose the charger for this light, you can use your phone charger for the mean time. It can run up to 9 hours on a full charge. And as mentioned earlier, it comes with a unique bottle opener so you can enjoy a drink when work is complete or if you need to take a break.
- Camo design makes it unique
- Comes with a bottle opener, which is rare to see in a work light
- Rotating spot light makes it easy to position light
- Charges via USB charger
- Long battery life
- Not so bright compared to other work lights
- Has only one switch for turning on/off and switching on three modes
A handy flood light, this work light from Milwaukee is beautifully made and well-engineered. It’s a real winner when it comes to ease of use and handling. This light is also durable. Besides being a great work light for the garage, this is also perfect for power outages – one user from Amazon said it was used for two days after a storm and the light still had 50% battery power left. It even has a USB charging port so you can use it as a charging station for your phone.
This LED light has three brightness levels you can set, and it can emit 70 to 700 lumens. It’s compatible with Milwaukee 18-volt batteries. You can project the light to one direction or in 360 degrees as a lantern. It has a sturdy stainless-steel hanging hooks to keep it suspended if you want.
- Lightweight and easy to carry as a lantern
- Comes with hanging hooks
- Has three brightness levels
- Comes with a USB charging port
- Long battery life
- Batteries should be purchased separately