Whether you are working with rudimentary hand tools or power tools, many of them come with accessories. In fact, these tools will be useless without them. For instance, you cannot operate your rotary tool without bits, such as a cutting bit or a grinding bit. A socket wrench will do you no good unless you have sockets to go with it.
In other words, these “accessories” are not mere accessories – they are the essential parts of your tools. However, they are often small; they tend to lie around on the floor or tend to get lost somewhere. Accessories scattering around on the floor may cause you to trip, and lead to serious injuries. It calls for proper methods in organizing accessories of your basic hand and power tools.
Some smart ways to store your tool accessories:
- To prevent your accessories from getting lost or scattered across the floor, there should be a dedicated storage for them. Many tool bags, toolboxes and tool chests come with smaller compartments in which you store or organize your accessories.
- If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly solution, you can also put your accessories in durable plastic bins with airtight lids.
- You can also buy a dedicated accessories storage with a glass or transparent plastic lid or body. You’ll be able to see what’s in each compartement without having to open it.
- You may also want to store the tools together with their own accessories. You can purchase small containers or a set of drawers that can have enough room for a family of tools. For instance, in one drawer you can store your rotary tool together with its bits, and in another drawer you can store your drill together with drill bits.
- Since nearly all accessories are made of metal, magnets also make a good idea when organizing them. However, keep in mind that the size of the magnet should be proportionate to the size or number of accessories you want it to hold.
Here are some great options to store your tool accessories:
A lot of professional and DIY builders and artisans consider the rotary tool as the ultimate power tool. It is a versatile machine that is fitted with various changeable accessories for different applications. If a rotary tool is your primary weapon of choice, you should have a kit that holds your rotary tool accessories.
This compact storage case from WorkPro is just the right solution to your rotary tool accessory needs. You can store a variety of rotary tool bits in this kit, such as 1/8”-diameter shanks and collets of various sizes. No matter what brand of rotary tools and accessories you use, everything has a place in this durable and rugged plastic kit.
This smart toolbox from LINE10 Tools provides the perfect home for up to 500 pieces of your rotary bits, burrs and attachments. It has a large removable burr holder which can contain 1/8” shank accessories like burrs and mounted grinding stones. It also includes nine small removable trays for other accessories such as sanding discs, cutting discs, and other bits. It is compact, portable, and can fit in most shelves and cabinets.
The size of this cabinet and the number of compartments alone will make any builder, artisan, artist or DIY crafts fan giddy! This rugged, durable and high-impact polystyrene cabinet has 16 compartments plus 32 smaller ones that will put an end to your endless storing and organizing dilemmas. It is perfect for storing your essential utility accessories such as drill and rotary tool bits, power sockets, batteries, cords, cables, nails, studs, nuts, bolts, tapes, bulbs – everything!
Another excellent product from WorkPro is this kit, which can hold of up to 208 pieces of your essential accessories – drill bits, cutting discs, polishing waxes, grinding needles, and a lot more. The variety of dedicated storage slots are ideal for keeping accessories of different shapes and sizes, which are all encased inside a sturdy and durable plastic case. The clear plastic lid allows you to look at what’s in the kit without having to open it, and it also comes with a handle for portability.
Despite its name, this product from VonHaus offers ample space to store your family of tools! Measuring 10.9″ x 10.1″ x 6.9″, this is a thoughtfully-designed two-in-one storage box which can contain not just the accessories, but also their “parent” tools. It consists of a top box that can hold your rudimentary hand and power tools such as drills, rotary tools, and wrenches. The four removable drawers can keep your essential accessories. With this excellent offering from VonHaus, you no longer have to carry separate cases for power tools and their attachments.
If you tend to move around a lot in your workshop, you have to carry heavy loads of tools and accessories, which can be a hassle and a (literal) pain. The wheels of this rolling cabinet allow you to transport it effortlessly as you go about in your workshop or garage, having instant access to your tools and accessories. The top surface of this storage can also function as an instant work table. The semi-transparent plastic drawers allow you to see what’s inside without having to open them. You can convert this rolling storage into a stationary cabinet by safely locking its wheels.