Type:Different sanders are constructed for a different levels of work. If you want to perform heavy duty tasks a belt sander is powerful and effective. Orbit or eccentric sanders are used for curved surfaces and a wall sander is ideal for heights, like walls and ceilings. If you are looking for something that gives you a final finish look, look for a vibrating sander.
Dust Collection System:
During floor sanding, there will be a lot of dust emission, therefore it is suggested that you buy a sander that has an efficient dust collection system and a dust bag that can be disposed of or emptied easily, without consuming much time and effort.
Comfort:No matter how advanced the sander, the process of sanding itself is time taking. Long hours of work on heavy-duty projects require physical effort and may cause fatigue leading to hand, back and palm injuries. When you buy a sander, look for one that is ergonomically designed with extended handles and soft rubber grips to give you comfort and prevent hand numbness.
Power:Power of the sanding machine is one of the key features to consider when you make a choice. The power of the machine is very much determined by the type of work you wish to take from the sander. A sander with less power is portable in nature and can perform finer tasks. Corded sanders that have high-quality construction parts have more power but they are heavy and not easily manoeuvrable.
Best Power Sanders
Where to Buy
Sander is considered as a lightweight, compact machine that can easily be carried around or stored in a small space. The additional dust collector can easily be attached to the machine and produces lesser dust.
- 3.5 amps sanding power
- Features a 15 by 11.5 inch cast iron worktable
- six different-sized sanding sleeves
- Power source: corded electric
- Style: Spindle
- Warranty: 24 months
2. Bosch OS50VC 120-Volt 3.4-Amp Variable Speed 1/2-Sheet Orbital Finishing Sander with Vibration ControlBosch 0S50VC is another powerful and quicker machine with a 3.4 Amp sander. Its exclusive suspension system controls the vibration and gives maximum comfort for long hours of work. It features a vibration speed dial with a range of 8,000-11,000 orbits per minute which allows you to match the speed and power of the sander according to your projects. Unlike other sanders, you wouldn’t feel the vibration or numbness on your palms
The sheetloc supreme paper clamping system ensures perfect paper fit, accepts stick-on papers and easily sands different surfaces and removes toughest stains. Bosch is a versatile, carefully manufactured machine that gives quick and smooth results. Not recommended for heavy-duty projects.
- 3.4 Amps sanding power
- Translucent microfilter dust canister included
- A steep learning curve
- Efficient sandpaper clamping system
3. VIVOHOME Foldable 710W Electric Adjustable Variable Speed Drywall Sander with Led Light and Tool Case ETL Safety Standard CertifiedVIVOHOME is a multipurpose sander that can be used to grind ceilings, walls, drywall alongside clearing paint, adhesives and others residues from floors. The extended handle and ergonomically designed grip allows control over the machine and prevents fatigue from long hours of work.
VIVOHOME features an on/off switch and a locking button for safe usage. With a variable speed range from 700-1700 rotations per minute, you can easily handle small and medium level domestic projects. The LED lights also allow workers to use the sander at night as well.
Although VIVOHOME is a bit expensive, it is considered as an efficient and portable machine that can easily be controlled, handled and maintained.
- Product Weight: 9.3lbs
- Variable Speed: 700-1700RPM
- 210MM Grinding Disc
- Easily foldable and portable
- Tool-case included
- 1-year product warranty
It features a 6.0 Amp sander with a retractable, three-positioned ergonomic handle for efficient control. The adjustable belt-tracking system and belt release lever prevents you from the hassle of replacing worn-out belts and maintain the position of the belt all the time, without wasting time and energy. Although Black and Decker Dragster is a powerful sander, it isn’t recommended for heavy duty or harsh projects.
- Product weight 8.2 pounds
- Includes a medium grit sanding belt and dust bag
- Instruction manual inside
- 2-year warranty
For efficient cleaning, the vacuum cleaner features a built-in brush and extra connection hose that saves time, effort and produces very little dust. Goplus is carefully designed with a double free adjustable telescope handle that comfortably reaches heights, low surfaces and in between spots. All construction attachments are durable and strong in nature so that they can be used on heavy and lengthy projects.
Goplus Drywall Sander requires no assembling and comes in with additional attachments such as wrenches, brushes, spare sander pads and a screwdriver.
- 9 inch disc diameter
- Speed range from 1000-2100 r/min
- Product weight: 12.8 lbs.
- 6 Sander Discs included
- Instruction manual inside
- Built-in dust collection hose
Since Dewalt is light in weight and small in size, it can easily reach the work piece. There is special rubber over-mold and counterbalance placed at the bottom areas to reduce vibration and numbness on your hands and palms.
Despite its claim to provide an efficient dust collection system, several users have complained that it blows out dust and sand; they sarcastically suggest a mask or goggles as a safety gadget. Other than this, Dewalt is a fair choice for woodworkers and Do-It-Yourselfers. It is easy to use, therefore equally good for beginners and professionals.
- Product weight 4 pounds
- One-hand dust bag locking system
- Carrying case included
- Instruction manual provided
- Ergonomic handle and grip